VonHaus 3000125 80 Inch Pull Down Projector Screen
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
This Pull Down Projector Screen is designed and intended for indoor, domestic use only. It should not be used outdoors or for commercial purposes. This product is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless supervised or given appropriate instruction concerning the product’s use by a person responsible for their safety. Installation shall only be carried out by persons who understand the risks and hazards involved. This product is not a toy. Keep away from children. It is recommended that 2 people are present to install this product.
WARNING! No hardware/fixings is included with this Projector Screen due to the variations in mounting surfaces. It is therefore recommended that you seek advice from your local hardware store for mounting the product to your desired surface. Fixings should be able to support 12kg to accommodate the weight of the product plus the force of pulling down on the Screen.
For strength, it is recommended that the Projector Screen be mounted to wooden stud or masonry walls. Use of additional tools/hardware may be required.
NOTE: It is recommended that you air out your Projector Screen in a well-ventilated area for 24-48 hours before mounting.
Mount this product away from sources of heat or ignition. The product should not obstruct entrances or exits to a room, especially if these are fire exits.
Use of a spirit level (not supplied) is recommended to ensure the product is installed straight and even against the mounting surface.
- Do not fasten or attach anything to the Screen.
- Do not overstress or weigh down the Screen.
- Do not stretch the Screen. The Roller should always maintain a minimum of 1½ wraps of fabric to prevent damage.
- Do not pull, hang from or swing on the Screen or Screen Housing. Gently pull the Screen in an even motion to successfully lower for viewing.
- CAUTION! Do not immediately release the Screen when setting it up for viewing. Hold the Screen at the desired length and allow the locking mechanism to engage before releasing slowly.
- Ensure all fixings are tight and secure. Secure all fixings periodically to maintain maximum strength for supporting the unit.
- Failure to follow correct guidance, installation and operating procedures will invalidate the warranty and may result in damage or injury.
FLUSH WALL INSTALLATION
- Measure the distance between the keyholes on the end caps and mark these locations on the wall. Measure the diameter of the keyhole (the head of the fixing screws should be smaller than this – sizes vary between models).
- Drill holes in the locations previously marked and insert plastic anchors (if required), followed by the appropriate screw. NOTE: Leave 3-4mm of the screw exposed in order to mount the Screen Housing.
- Hook the Screen Housing onto the exposed screws and tighten to secure.
- CEILING INSTALLATION
- Drill holes and insert plastic anchors (if required).
- Fix the Screen Housing in place with 4 screws as shown (not included).
NOTE: Upon opening this product, there may be a slight odour. This is due to the chemical treatment required to achieve a true white material. Every care is taken during manufacturing to air out the product, however, should the smell remain, please leave in the open position for 24-48 hours in a well-ventilated area.
Use the handle to gently but swiftly pull straight down to the desired length.
CAUTION: DO NOT release the handle immediately; pause for a moment, and allow the Screen to retract a little for the locking mechanism to engage.
Pull downwards and outwards towards your body slightly to release the locking mechanism.
Guide the Screen back up into the Screen Housing carefully but swiftly to avoid engaging the locking mechanism.
CAUTION: Do not release the handle whilst guiding the Screen back in to the casing. Doing so will cause the Screen to recoil rapidly and cause damage to the mechanism.
If, for any reason, you are having difficulty using this product, please contact: [email protected]
Please recycle where facilities exist. Check with your local authority for recycling advice.
To register your product and find out if you qualify for a free extended warranty, go to: www.VonHaus.com/warranty Please retain a proof of purchase receipt or statement as proof of the purchase date. The warranty only applies if the product is used solely in the manner indicated in the Warnings page of this manual, and all other instructions have been followed accurately. Any abuse of the product or the manner in which it is used will invalidate the warranty. Returned goods will not be accepted unless re-packaged in its original packaging and accompanied by a relevant and completed returns form. This does not affect your statutory rights.
No rights are given under this warranty to a person acquiring the unit second-hand or for commercial or communal use.