VonHaus 3500001 12V Tyre Inflator Cordless Handheld Air Compressor Pump
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
WARNING! Read all safety warnings and instructions. Use the 12V Tyre Inflator in accordance with these instructions, taking into account the working conditions and the work to be performed. Using this power tool for purposes other than those intended could result in rendering your vehicle in an unsafe condition and may result in serious injury or death.
Where possible dress appropriately. Do not wear loose clothing or jewellery whilst operating this tool. Keep your hair, clothing and gloves away from moving parts as they may get caught. Keep children and bystanders away while operating a power tool as distractions can cause the operator to lose control. If you are in doubt as to the correct tyre ressure stipulated for your vehicle, consult your car manufacturer and/or vehicle manual specifications.
The 12V Tyre Inflator is designed for the tyre inflation to pressures as recommended by your vehicle manufacturer. It is intended for occasional intermittent use and not commercial purposes.
CAUTION The 12V Tyre Inflator. This tool is intended for consumer use only and is intended for occasional and intermittent operation. This tool is not designed for professional use. It SHOULD NOT be used on trucks and heavy machinery. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given appropriate supervision and instruction by a person responsible for their safety.The 12V Tyre Inflator is not a toy. Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance. Keep the appliance, any attachment and its power cord out of reach of children.
Do not use the appliance for anything other than its intended use.
- Do not use the tool if the switch does not turn off. Any power tool that cannot be controlled with the switch is dangerous and must be repaired.
- Do not operate the tool if the 12V Tyre Inflator if the power cord shows visible signs of damage.
- Do not use if the power tool or cord is wet. Never use the power tool in the rain. Water penetrating an electrical device increases the risk or electrical shock.
- Do not use the 12V Tyre Inflator in potentially explosive environments containing combustible liquids, gases or dust. Electrical tools generate sparks that can ignite the dust or vapours.
- Do not place or use the 12V Tyre Inflator near open fire or water
- Do not operate the tool for an extended length of time. (15 mins).
When using any electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, and injury to persons, including the following:
Do not attempt to plug in or remove appliances from the power supply with wet hands.
Before connecting the appliance to the power supply ensure the voltage corresponds to the voltage limits on the rating plate.
Only use DOMU Brands recommended attachments or those specifically designed for use with the unit.
Do not operate the appliance if it has been submerged in water or any other liquid to prevent against electric shock, damage and potential injury.
Do not use the appliance if the power cord is damaged. Seek advice and repairs from a qualified electrician or service personnel.
Only a qualified electrician or service engineer should perform repairs to electrical equipment. Improper repairs may place the user at serious risk. Do not leave the appliance unattended whilst connected to the mains power supply. Before attempting any cleaning or user maintenance, the appliance must be switched off and disconnected from the power supply.
Power tool plugs must match the outlet. Never modify the plug in any way. Do not use any adapter plugs with earthed (grounded) power tools. Unmodified plugs and matching outlets will reduce risk of electric shock.Avoid body contact with earthed or grounded surfaces such as pipes, radiators, ranges and refrigerators. There is an increased risk of electric shock if your body is earthed or grounded.Do not expose power tools to rain or wet conditions. Water entering a power tool will increase the risk of electric shock. Do not abuse the cord. Never use the cord for carrying, pulling or unplugging the power tool. Keep cord away from heat, oil, sharp edges or moving parts. Damaged or entangled cords increase the risk of electric shock.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY INFORMATION FOR THE CHARGER.
- Tools with Lithium-ion batteries may only be charged with the specifically designed Lithium-ion battery charger purchased with this tool.
- Do not attempt to charge the battery with any charger other than the one supplied as this is potentially dangerous. Before using the charger, read all instructions, labels and cautionary markings on the charger.
- Do not use the charger for any purpose other than that for which it is intended. Do not use the charger to charge any device other than the power tool it was sold with.
- Do not use an extension cord unless absolutely necessary. The use of an improper extension cord could result in fire or electric shock.
- Never attempt to connect two chargers together.
- Use the battery charger indoors only. Make sure that the charger cable is positioned where it will not be stepped on, tripped over or otherwise subjected to damage or stress. Keep the lead away from operating machinery.
- Do not place the tool or charger on an uneven surface as a fall may cause serious damage.
- Do not operate the charger in a cabinet or other enclosure unless proper ventilation is provided.
- Do not place any object onto the charger or allow any object to rest on the charger. Never place the power tool or charger near or over a heat source such as radiator or heater.
- WARNING! Never charge your Lithium-ion battery below or above the temperatures recommended as this may result in fire or serious damage to the battery.
- The most suitable temperatures to charge the battery are between 20°C and 25°C.
- WARNING! Do not allow water or any other liquid to come into contact with the charger as this may result in electric shock. Do not position the tool or battery charger near water. Take care not to spill liquid of any kind on the tool or charger.
- DANGER! Do not use the charger if it has been subjected to a heavy knock, dropped, or otherwise damaged in any way. Take the charger to an authorised service centre for it to be checked and repaired.
- Do not attempt to disassemble the charger. Opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltages or other risks. Incorrect reassembly may result in the risk of fire or electric shock. If there is a problem with the charger or tool, take it to your nearest authorised service centre.
- Take the tool or charger to your nearest authorised service centre:
- If liquid has been spilled onto the tool or charger, or if rain or water has come into contact with the tool, battery pack or charger.
- If the tool or charger does not operate normally after you follow the operating instructions.
- If the tool or charger exhibits a distinct degradation in performance.
- If the tool or charger are damaged in any way.
- Do not pull on the lead of the charger to disconnect it from the mains power socket.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, unplug the charger from the power supply before attempting to clean it. To clean the tool or charger, wipe with a damp cloth. Use of any other cleaners is not recommended.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS RELATED TO BATTERY SAFETY.
- Use only the charger supplied with the tool or DOMU Brands approved replacements.
- Charge the power tool only with the charger supplied with the tools or approved replacements and according to the instructions in this manual.
- Do not charge the power tool in a place where static electricity is generated or allow the battery to touch something that is statically charged.
- The power tool can be stored at temperatures of between 0°C and 40°C. WARNING! Never store or leave your power tool in temperatures over that recommended as this may result in fire. Do not store the power tool anywhere where the temperature can easily reach temperatures higher than recommended (garden sheds, vehicles in direct sunlight etc.) Think before leaving your power tool in storage.
- Always allow the power tool to cool down after charging. Do not leave in a hot environment.
- Take care where the power tool is stored.
- Do not store in areas of corrosive fumes, or salt air or similar conditions. Try to store the tool in the packaging it was supplied in.
- Do not dispose of the power tool in a fire or put the power tool into a microwave oven, conventional oven, dryer, or high-pressure container as the power tool may explode under these conditions.
- Never attempt to open the power tool, puncture the battery or subject the battery to strong physical shock.
- If the plastic housing of the power tool breaks open or cracks, discontinue use immediately and do not attempt to recharge. Stop using the power tool
if it exhibits abnormal heat, odour, colour, deformation, or is in an abnormal condition.
- If you detect leakage or a foul odour, it is especially important to keep the power tool away from fire. If battery liquid leaks onto your skin or clothes, wash well with clean water immediately. If liquid leaking from the battery gets into your eyes, do not rub your eyes; rinse eyes well (for at least 10 minutes) with clean water, and consult a doctor immediately. Never use a leaking battery.
- After the power tool has reached the end of its useful life, we recommend recycling the power tool at your local municipal council recycling centre.
- DO NOT attempt to replace the battery in your power tool, or repair or modify any part of the battery assembly.
IMPORTANT PRODUCT CARE INFORMATION.
Ensure you have read all of the safety information in the previous pages before using the tools.
Safety devices and circuitry for this power tool are located in the battery pack of this tool. The battery pack is a vital component, not just for the power source, but also for the full safety control for both the charging and tools operation. If the power tool does become immersed in water or any other liquid,
is subject to a severe drop or does not operate within the guidelines of this Instruction manual, discontinue use immediately and have it checked.
The battery is an integral component
of this power tool and is fitted with thermal safety devices. Running the tool at close to maximum load, or continual resetting of the overload, will cause the battery to overheat. When a pre-set cell temperature is detected, the battery will automatically stop operating and will not restart until it has cooled to a safe level. Should this occur,
DO NOT force-cool the pack by placing in a freezer or similar. Allow the battery time to cool naturally. Avoid overloading the tool during operation. The tool will stop automatically if overloaded. Overload may occur for a number of reasons, including when the tool is pushed too hard, or when using an attachment greater than what is specified.
NOTE: The battery is more susceptible to overloading when at the lower end of the charge.
The low voltage cut-out feature will operate when the voltage drops below a pre-set value. When this occurs, the tool will stop operating automatically.
NOTE: Attempting to restart the tool in this condition, without recharging the battery will lead to the tool restarting and stopping again after only a few seconds of operation.
These safety devices have been fitted for the safety, reliability and life of the tools.
WHEN TO CHARGE THE BATTERY.
The battery should be fully charged before use.
After it has been used and charged a few times, the battery should be charged for 3-5 hours using the charger.
The battery can be recharged at any time during use, provided the pack has not overheated.
If the battery pack starts to cut out due to low voltage, or tasks previously undertaken can no longer be performed, time during use, provided the pack has not overheated.
If the battery starts to cut out due to low voltage, or tasks previously undertaken can no longer be performed, it is recommended to stop using the tool and recharge the battery.
For storage, it is recommended to recharge the battery between 50% and 75% charge.
The following safety symbols may appear on this product. Please ensure you understand their meanings before operating this tool in order to prevent personal injury and avoid damage to the tool.
12V LITHIUM BATTERY CHARGING
Plug the 12V ADAPTOR (5) into a suitable mains socket. Insert the pin of the 12V ADAPTOR (5) into the top housing of the 12V LITHIUM BATTERY (3).
Located either side of the 12V LITHIUM BATTERY (3) is a snap in storage compartment containing two adaptors to enable you to inflate other items.
NOTE to avoid over-inflation, always follow the manufacturers instructions on the items to be inflated.
INSTALLING THE ADAPTORS
Ensure the 12V Battery Pack/12V Car Power Plug is removed from the Tyre Inflator before performing any maintenance and/or cleaning tasks Loosen the ATTACHMENT LOCK (7) approximately 3 rotations counter-clockwise.
NOTE Do not remove the ATTACHMENT LOCK (7) completely.
IMPORTANT Insert the AIR HOSE (8), SMALL TOY INFLATOR (9) or SPORTS BALL INFLATOR (10) with the threaded connector into the ATTACHMENT LOCK (7).Press in firmly while screwing in a clockwise direction until it can go no further. We recommend an adjustable spanner to tighten.
Tighten the ATTACHMENT LOCK (7) clockwise until hand tight.
Press the POWER BUTTON (11) below the LCD DISPLAY (15) to switch on the Tyre Inflator.
NOTE After 30 seconds of inactivity, the digital tyre Inflator will switch off automatically to conserve energy To choose the desired pressure format (PSI, BAR, KPA), press the POWER BUTTON (11) continuously until desired format displays. Screw the threaded connector on the end of the AIR HOSE (8) onto the tyre’s valve stem promptly. When connected, the Inflator will show the current tyre pressure.
Press + or – to set the desired pressure level. Once set, wait a few seconds until the current tyre pressure displays.
NOTE Always check and follow the manufacturers recommended pressure, usually located on the door jamb of your vehicle.
Ensure the TRIGGER LOCK (2) is in the unlocked (downward position) and press the TRIGGER (1) to operate.
The tyre will begin to inflate to the set pressure level and shut off automatically when the set pressure is reached.IMPORTANT When the set pressure is reached, press the TRIGGER (1) once to switch off and slide the TRIGGER LOCK (2) to the lock position.
Remove the threaded connector from the tyre promptly and replace the valve stem cap.
WARNING The threaded connector may be hot.
CAR CHARGER PLUG
To replace the fuse in the 12V Plug, undo the knurled ring in an anti-clockwise direction. Replace the fuse (max 15A) and knurled ring.
INFLATOR DOES NOT ILLUMINATE INFLATOR WILL NOT POWER ON
Check the battery has been inserted correctly
If using the CAR CHARGER (4) Check the fuse in the socket.
If using the CAR CHARGER (4) your vehicle may require the ignition key to be switched on.
INFLATOR FAILS TO STOP AT PRESET PRESSURE
Ensure you are following the pressure setting instructions correctly.
Ensure you have set the correct pre-set pressure.
|POWER LEAD/PLUG BECOMES HOT||
If Power lead is coiled, uncoil to its full length. Ensure the 12V Socket is clean and free of debris.
|UNIT IS RUNNING BUT TYRE IS NOT INFLATING||Check that the tyre valve adaptor is correctly fitted to the tyre valve.
Check Air Hose is connected properly.
|INFLATOR APPEARS TO READ INCORRECTLY||
Ensure the Inflator is switched on before connecting the valve connector to the tyre valve.
Disconnect the valve connector form the tyre. Remove the CAR CHARGER (4) or 12V LITHIUM
BATTERY (3) for at least 5 seconds and re-connect.
Please recycle where facilities exist. Check with your local authority for recycling advice.
WARRANTY To register your product and find out if you qualify for a free extended warranty please go to www.Vonhaus.com/warranty.
Please retain a proof of purchase receipt or statement as proof of the purchase date.
The warranty only applies if the product is used solely in the manner indicated in the Warnings page of this manual, and all other instructions have been followed accurately. Any abuse of the product or the manner in which it is used will invalidate the warranty. Returned goods will not be accepted unless re-packaged in its original packaging and accompanied by a relevant and completed returns form. This does not affect your statutory rights.
No rights are given under this warranty to a person acquiring the appliance second-hand or for commercial or communal use.
All material in this instruction manual are copyrighted by DOMU Brands Ltd.
Any unauthorised use may violate worldwide copyright, trademark, and other laws.
DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
We: DOMU Brands Ltd 5th Floor The Tower Deva City Office Park Manchester
Declare under our sole responsibility that the product: SKU: 3500001
Description: VonHaus 12V Tyre Inflator
To which this declaration relates is in conformity with the following directives: 2014/30/EU, 2012/35/EU, 2011/65/EU.
LED EMERGENCY LIGHT FUNCTION
This product is fitted with an LED EMERGENCY LIGHT. This has 3 cycle modes.
The modes it will cycle through
when pressed are: STATIC WHITE, HAZARD RED & FLASHING RED ‘SOS’ MODE.
BATTERY & 12V ADAPTOR The Battery can be removed by depressing the BATTERY RELEASE BUTTON located directly below the TRIGGER LOCK to release the battery.
Thank you for purchasing the 12V Tyre Inflator. VonHaus® is a registered trademark of DOMU Brands Ltd Made in China for DOMU Brands Ltd M24 2RW