VonShef 2013343 1.8L Rice Cooker & Steamer Pot
Please read all instructions carefully before use and retain for future reference.
- Only operate the appliance for its intended purpose and within the parameters specified in this manual.
- This appliance is for domestic use only. Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless supervised or given appropriate instruction
- concerning the product’s use by a person responsible for their safety.
- The appliance is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
- Do not allow to be used as a toy. Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance.
- If the appliance is not functioning properly, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or immersed in liquid, do not use, contact DOMU Brands Customer Services. Do not use the appliance if
- any parts appear to be faulty, missing or damaged.
- Ensure all parts are securely attached as instructed by this instruction manual before use.
CABLES AND PLUGS
- Check to ensure your electricity supply matches that shown on the rating plate. This product should only be used as rated. Preferably, the socket outlet should be protected by a Residual Current
- Device RCD (UK/EU) Ground Fault Indicator (US).
- Do not use with a damaged cable or plug. If the supply cable is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified engineer or authorised service agent in order to avoid a hazard. The use of an extension
- cable is not recom-mended.
- Do not handle the plug or appliance with wet hands. Keep the cable away from heated surfaces.
- Do not let the cable hang over the edge of the table or countertop where it could be pulled on inadvertently by children or pets.
- Do not pull the cable around sharp edges or corners. Do not leave unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Do not unplug by pulling on the cable. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cable.
- Always unplug before performing user maintenance, connecting or disconnecting attachments, or changing accessories.
- Ensure the cable is stored safely to prevent hazards.
- RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY Always locate your appli-ance away from the edge of the worktop, on a firm, flat, heat-resistant surface with sufficient space around all sides.Do not insert any
- objects into openings or cover the appliance.
- Do not place any cardboard, plastics or paper inside or on the appliance unless stated in the instructions.
- Do not use the appliance near any combustible surfaces. Only use suitable cookware where applicable. Do not use outdoors or near heat sources.
- Take care not to touch any surfaces that may get hot when in use. Take care not to touch any surfaces that may remain hot for a period of time after use.
- Never operate the appliance when empty.
- Do not overload/overfill the appliance.
- When using for the first time your appliance may give off a ‘new’ smell or vapour. This will dissipate after a few uses. Do not lift or move the appliance whilst in use. Do not operate continuously
- for periods longer than those marked on the product or indicated in the instructions.
- Ensure the appliance is switched off and unplugged before changing accessories or cleaning.
- Use only as described in this manual and with DOMU Brands recommended attachments only.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
- Never soak or immerse electrical or heating components and or a component that has a plug attached.
- Hand washing recommended; soak in warm soapy water and wipe down using a soft sponge. To remove stubborn stains, use a non abrasive cleaning brush. Do not use abrasive, harsh cleaning solutions or metal scouring pads.
- Never wash any electrical or heating components and or a component that has a plug attached in a dishwasher.
- Rated Voltage 220-240V
- Rated Power 700W
- Rated Frequency 50/60Hz
- Glass Vented Lid.
- Cooking Pot.
- Base Unit.
- Base Handles.
- Pressure Switch.
- Cook Switch.
- Warm Indicator Light.
- Cook Indicator Light.
- Measuring Cup.
- ON/OFF switch.
BEFORE FIRST USE
- One full, level cup of un-cooked rice will require 1 cup of water. For brown rice, it is recommended you use 3-4 cups of water for 1 cup of rice.
- The measurements indicated are for white rice ONLY.
- For softer rice, allow the rice to soak for 10 – 20 minutes prior to cooking.
- To prevent loss of steam and longer cooking times, avoid opening the Vented Lid during the cooking process unless absoluitely necessary.
- Always store the appliance when it has completely cooled down.
- Take extra care when opening the Lid, steam may be emitted.
- Overfilling may cause overflow.
Please recycle where facilities exist. Check with your local authority for recycling advice.
To register your product and find out if you qualify for a free extended warranty please go to www.vonshef.com/warranty.
Please retain a proof of purchase receipt or statement as proof of the purchase date. The warranty only applies if the product is used solely in the manner indicated in the warnings page of this manual, and all other instructions have been followed accurately. Any abuse of the product or the manner in which it is used will invalidate the warranty. Returned goods will not be ac-cepted unless re-packaged in its original packaging and accompanied by a relevant and completed returns form. This does not affect your statutory rights. No rights are given under this warranty to a person acquiring the appliance second-hand or for commercial or communal use.
All material in this instruction manual is copyrighted by DOMU Brands. Any unauthorized use may violate worldwide copyright, trademark, and other laws.