VORNADO 733DC Energy Smart Large Air Circulator User Guide
Important Safety Instructions
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS This owner’s guide and any additional inserts are considered part of the product. They contain important information about safety, use and disposal. Before using the product, please familiarize yourself with all operating and safety instructions. Please keep all documents for future reference and pass these documents on, together with the product, to any future owner. See www.vornado.com/circulatorsmanuals to view, download and print the most current version of these instructions.
INTENDED USE: This product is intended to circulate the air in indoor living spaces only in the United States and Canada. This product is not intended for commercial or industrial use. The manufacturer assumes no responsibility for damage or injury due to unauthorized use or product modification. Failure to follow these directions will void the product warranty.
WARNING: Risk to Children and Impaired Persons
– Supervision is required during the installation, operation, cleaning and maintenance of this product by children age 12 years and younger and anyone with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance, its parts and packaging material.
INSTALLATION WARNING–To reduce risk of fire, electrical shock and injury to persons, observe the following:
– Place this product away from curtains, draperies, tablecloths and other fabrics, since they may be drawn into the fan, damage the motor and/or cause a fire.
– No part of this product (the appliance, power cord, plug, packaging, etc.) should be placed near furnaces, fireplaces, stoves or other high temperature heat sources. Do not use this product in a window, on an uneven or unstable surface, or near water.
– The appliance, power supply, power cord and plug cannot come into contact with water. Do not use this product on wet surfaces. Do not use this product in a bathtub or shower or position product where it may fall into a bathtub, laundry, swimming pool or other water container. Do not use this product outdoors or expose it to weather or elements.
– Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. Do not route cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over. The cord should not hang over edges of counters or be placed where it can be crimped or closed in doors. Place appliance near an easily accessible outlet so the product can be unplugged quickly during an emergency.
– Do not attempt to hang this product on a wall or use in a manner otherwise than instructed in this owner’s manual.
SAFE USE WARNING–To reduce risk of fire, electrical shock and injury to persons, observe the following:
– WARNING: To reduce likelihood of circuit overload, fire and electric shock, do not operate with a solid state speed device, such as a dimmer control switch.
– Do not operate any fan with a damaged cord or plug. Discard fan or return to an authorized service facility for examination and/or repair.
– Do not operate unit if it has been dropped or damaged. Do not use this product if it has a damaged power cord or plug. To avoid risk of electrical shock, do not attempt to repair or replace parts.
Only original replacement parts may be used. If the power supply or cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or its service agent or a similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard. Contact Vornado Consumer Service at 1-800-234-0604 (phone) or [email protected] (email) for further instructions about replacement and repair.
– Risk of fire. Your appliance is equipped with a detachable external power supply and cord. The detachable external power supply and cord have no user replaceable parts. Use only the detachable external power supply and cord that comes with your product.
– Before plugging power cord into electrical outlet, be sure that all electrical information on the rating label, including voltage, is compatible with your outlet’s power supply.
– Do not sit or stand on product.
– Never use the cord as a handle or otherwise yank, strain or stretch the power cord.
– While the product is plugged in, do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any input or output opening as this may cause risk of electric shock or fire, or damage the product. – A loose fit between wall outlet (receptacle) and plug may cause overheating and distortion of the plug. Discontinue use of the product in this outlet. Contact a qualified electrician to replace loose or worn outlets.
– This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
– Before moving, repositioning, servicing, cleaning and when not in use, use the product controls to turn off the power and then unplug. To disconnect from outlet, grasp and pull only the plug. Also, power off and unplug if the product will be left unattended for an extended period of time or during electrical storms.
SERVICING WARNING–To reduce risk of fire, electrical shock and injury to persons, observe the following:
– Clean your product regularly, only as is instructed in this manual. Prior to cleaning, turn off the power on your product and unplug. Do not use gasoline, thinners, solvents, ammonias or other chemicals for cleaning. Refer to the CLEANING instructions provided.
– Do not open appliance housing while product is plugged in. To avoid risk of shock, all service and/or repairs must be done by a Vornado Authorized Service Center.
FCC Compliance Statement
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
– Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
– Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
– Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
– Contact Vornado Customer Service or dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help. This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Supplier’s FCC Declaration of Conformity Unique Identifier: Vornado Model 733DC Responsible Party: Vornado Air LLC Mailing Address : 415 E. 13th St., Andover, KS 67002 Contact: www.vornado.com
DISPOSAL WARNING To reduce waste and environmental harm, observe the following:
PACKAGE RECYCLING: The packaging protects the appliance from transport damage. The packaging materials are selected from the point of view of their environmental friendliness and disposal technology and are therefore recyclable. Dispose of all packaging materials in an environmentally responsible manner.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Because your product moves a substantial amount of air, it will need regular cleaning to remove lint, dust and grime. Never clean the product in any manner other than instructed in this owner’s guide.
Observe the following safety information to avoid risks and property damage.
- Do unplug your product before cleaning.
- Do Not use gasoline, thinners, solvents, ammonias or other chemicals for cleaning.
- Do Not attempt to repair or replace parts.
The motor is permanently lubricated and requires no oiling.
- Dust or wipe the circulator with a damp cloth.
- Use the brush attachment on your household vacuum cleaner to vacuum any accumulated dust.
GRILLE & BLADE REMOVAL
WARNING: To reduce the risk of electrical shock and injury to persons, unplug the circulator before removing grille.
- Release the front grille clips located at the 10, 6 and 2 o’clock positions. Press the Front Grille Clip downward to release.
A flat head screw driver may be used if front grille clips are difficult
- Dust or wash Grille with a mild dishwashing soap.
- To reattach – align the front grille clips with the holes and firmly snap each clip back into place.
- First, remove the blade by pulling the blade straight out from the shaft.
- Dust or wash Blade with a mild dishwashing soap.
- To reattach – be certain the flat side of the shaft aligns directly with the corresponding flat side on the blade’s socket. Push the blade all the way on the shaft until it bottoms out. Do not use a hammer as this could result in bearing damage.
Note: Do not place grille or blade in dishwasher. The excessive heat can distort the plastic.
we expect this product to be PERFECT
if it’s not, WE will make it right