For your safety and continued enjoyment of this product, always read the instruction book carefully before using it.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be taken, including the following:
- READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
- TO AVOID SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY: Do not attempt to fry with this unit. This unit is not a fryer.
- WARNING: During and after the operation, the pasta cooker reaches/has reached very high temperatures. The water, water pot, and all surfaces will be
EXTREMELY HOT. Take extreme caution when operating. Let the water and unit cool before handling.
- DO NOT operate the electric pasta cooker before reading the instruction manual first.
- DO NOT touch the pasta cooker or the water while or after cooking, as all parts become extremely HOT.
- ALWAYS disconnect or unplug from the electrical outlet before cleaning, servicing, or adjusting any parts or attachments.
- NEVER bypass, alter, modify or attach any unauthorized parts to this equipment. Doing so may create hazards and will void the warranty.
- NEVER operate a unit with a damaged power cord or plug.
- NEVER leave the pasta cooker on overnight or for prolonged periods of nonuse.
- NEVER use the pasta cooker as a heating source for your kitchen or room.
- ALWAYS keep hands, hair, and clothes away from heating elements.
- NEVER handle the unit and baskets other than by the handles during and directly after use. ALWAYS allow the unit and water to cool completely before handling.
- DO NOT overload the pasta cooker with water or food product Water will splatter, causing serious injuries and burns.
- DO NOT pull/yank on any cord to disconnect. To disconnect, turn off all controls, then gently remove the plug from the wall outlet
- Before handling and cleaning, switch off the power and disconnect from the main power. The unit must be unplugged and cool to touch. Allow time for the water to cool, as the unit will be too hot to handle immediately after use.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- CAUTION when using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed. DO NOT operate an electric pasta cooker if the unit appears damaged or malfunctions in any manner. Call customer service for assistance.
- Do not operate this unit without water.
- Use only water (no oil, shortening, etc.) in this unit.
- Close supervision is necessary when a pasta cooker is being used. Operators must be properly trained on all operational and safety procedures, especially when using near others.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse the cord, plugs, or appliances in water, liquid, or dishwasher.
- Unplug the unit when not in use and before cleaning. Allow unit and water to cool before moving or cleaning.
- The use of any accessories or cooking pans that are not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire or injuries.
- DO NOT use outdoors. For indoor use only.
- Do not allow the power cord to hang over the edge of table or counter, or to touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place the pasta cooker in, on, or near open flames, electric burners, heated ovens, or other high-temperature equipment or surroundings.
- Do not use the unit for anything other than boiling water for cooking; use with suitable basket(s) and supervision.
- Continually observe and maintain water levels in the boiling pan. Water levels will decrease with each boil.
- ALWAYS BE PREPARED in case of a fire. Make sure to have the correctly rated fire extinguisher nearby.
- DO NOT immerse the pasta cooker in water, as this will cause permanent damage to the unit.
- When this appliance is positioned in close proximity to a wall, partitions, kitchen furniture, decorative finishes, etc., it is recommended that they be made of non-combustible material; if not, they should be clad with a suitable non-combustible, heat-insulating material, and that the closest attention be paid to fire-prevention regulations.
- Be cautious of boiling water. Boiling water will scald skin and cause severe burns.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
APPROVED FOR COMMERCIAL USE
The pasta cooker does not contain any user-serviceable parts. Please contact a Waring Authorized Service Center for any repairs or phone Waring Customer Service at 1-800-4-WARING. Do not remove any components or service panels on this product.
208V 60 Hz 2700W
240V 60 Hz 3600W
Dimension: 13.9″ (W) x 21.6″ (D) x 13.7″ (H)
Capacity: 12.4L (13.1 quarts)
Water Outlet (front of unit) – ½” NPT Internal Female Thread
Water Overflow Outlet (rear of unit) – ½” NPT Internal Female Thread
Water Refill Inlet (rear of unit) – ½” NPT External Male Thread
For your protection, the Waring ® Pasta Cooker/Rethermalizer is supplied with a molded, 3-prong grounding-type plug and should
be used in combination with a properly connected grounding-type outlet. Use of any other voltage or altering of the plug or cord may damage the unit, will void the warranty, and may cause injury.
Caution: Before using an adapter, it must be determined that the outlet cover plate screw is properly grounded. If in doubt, consult a licensed electrician. Never use an adapter unless you are sure it is properly grounded.
NOTE: The use of an adapter is not permitted in Canada and Europe.
Use only 3-wire extension cords that have 3-prong grounding-type plugs and 3-pole cord connectors that accept the plug from the appliance. Use only extension cords that are intended for indoor use. Use only extension cords having an electrical rating not less than the rating of the appliance. Do not use damaged extension cords. Examine the extension cord before using and replace if damaged.
Do not abuse the extension cord and do not yank on any cord to disconnect. Keep the cord away from heat and sharp edges.
NOTE: This appliance is for 208/240 volts only and should not be used with a converter.
Carefully remove the pasta cooker from the packaging and place the unit on a firm, level surface.
Insert the basket hanger into the two holes in the brackets, located in the rear of the unit. Use only the baskets provided with the unit. DO NOT substitute the baskets or attempt to replace the baskets.
The rear of Unit This unit is to be installed with adequate backflow protection to comply with applicable federal, state, and local codes. This unit can also be used as a stand-alone, without external plumbing connections.
STAND-ALONE INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLATION
Make sure all three valves are in the closed position. There are two located in the front of the unit and one located on the back of the unit. Fill the unit with a bucket of tap water up to the max fill line (just below the overflow drain).
PLUMBED INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLATION
Connect the WATER REFILL inlet to the supply side and the WATER OVERFLOW outlet) located on the back of the pasta cooker) to drain side of the plumbing, using appropriate hardware (not supplied).
The refill plumbing connection is a male NPT ½. The overflow plumbing connection is a female NPT ½.
If connecting to an outside water line, the plumbing connections must contain water pressurized at or below Water Line Pressure and at or below 40˚C (104˚F) during normal operation. If using a rubber hose: It must have a Reinforcing Outer Braid, and have a manufacturer’s rating of at least 200 psi.
Make sure the water overflow outlet valve (located on the back of the pasta cooker) is in the closed position. Open the water refill valve (located
on the front of the pasta cooker) to fill the basin with water. The valve can be adjusted between open and close positions to control the water flow into the basin.
BEFORE FIRST USE
Clean the Pasta Cooker
- Use a non-corrosive, grease-dissolving commercial cleaner to clean the protective metal oils from all surface parts and the basin interior.
- Follow the cleaner manufacturer’s directions.
CAUTION: Be careful not to disturb the thermostat and high-limit capillaries when cleaning down inside the basin. (Fig. 1)
- Rinse thoroughly and drain by opening the water outlet valve, accessible when the door panel is opened. (Fig. 2) Fig. 1
Note: You may drain the basin by connecting a hose to the WATER OUTLET valve or by emptying the water directly from the valve into a bucket or similar container. Open the water outlet valve and drain into a bucket or similar container.
- Wipe tank completely dry with a soft, clean cloth. Fig. 2
- Clean all pasta cooker accessories.
- Rinse all parts thoroughly after cleaning.
- Wipe dry.
Always ensure all parts are cleaned thoroughly before use. Detergents can be used to break down cooking residue and ensure adequate cleaning. For cleaning instructions, see page 11.
To Open Door
The door is magnetized. To open, grab the door by grooves on the left and right side of the door (located on the unit) and pull down to open.
Open the water refill. Make SURE not to exceed the Max Fill line. The water capacity is 12.4L (13.1 quarts).
CAUTION: The heating element must remain in a flat position. Water must completely cover the heating element, at least to the MIN water level.
Plugin the socket, press switch into the ON position. The power switch will be illuminated and the element will start heating. Turn the temperature control knob to the BOIL position. When the water is boiling, add the pasta into the basket(s) and cook. When cooking is completed, the unit can be kept in the BOIL position or to the SIMMER setting to keep water warm for the next batch of food to be cooked. If not using again, turn the temperature control knob to the MIN setting and press the power switch to the OFF position. Unplug the unit from the power supply.
IMPORTANT: Continually observe and maintain the water level in the basin. The water level will decrease with each boil. Refill with fresh water
- DO NOT overload the pasta cooker with water or food product. Water will splatter, causing serious injuries and burns.
- Use caution when adding pasta into the baskets.
- Always use extreme caution when lowering, lifting, and draining baskets. The water is extremely hot.
TO DRAIN WATER FROM THE BASIN
Turn off the pasta cooker and unplug from the electrical outlet. Allow water to cool to room temperature. To drain the basin: Connect a hose and clamp to the WATER OUTLET valve located in front of the unit.
Note: You may also empty the water directly from the WATER OUTLET valve into a bucket or similar container.
To drain the overflow, connect a hose to the WATER OVERFLOW outlet located in the back of the unit, or drain into a bucket or similar container.
|Basket Size||Recommended Weight Capacity per Basket|
- Fill the WPC100 basin with water to the maximum fill line.
- Set the temperature control to SIMMER and let the water preheat until it reaches temperature. This should take no more than 30 minutes.
- Place food in each of the baskets. Food is to be completely submerged. If using the unit to rethermalize vacuum-sealed food and placing more than one vacuum-sealed bag into the basket, make sure there is enough space between food bags for water flow and that the bags do not overlap.
- NOTE: Monitor internal food temperatures closely for food safety. Follow FDA and USDA guidelines for minimum food temperatures. Most foods should be cooked to a higher internal temperature than 140˚F per federal guidelines.
- Heat water only. Do not use this unit to heat oil, grease, or other liquids. Other liquids may become unstable and hazardous.
Do not overfill water into the water basin.
The appliance has been installed with a thermal protector to avoid overheating or damage to the heating unit element. If the unit overheats during use, the auto-shutoff will cut power to the unit. If this occurs, turn the power off, unplug the unit and let the unit cool down. Timing should be approximately one hour. Plug the unit back into the power outlet and push in the Reset button located on the back of the unit.
If the power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified technician.
Draining Pasta – Round Baskets
For round baskets, lift basket and shake to remove water; rest on the round basket support. (Fig. 3)
Draining Pasta – Rectangular Baskets
When done, lift basket by handle and drain on basket hanger. (Fig. 4)
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
WARNING: In addition to what is listed here, refer to all Important Safeguards on page 2 of this manual.
ALWAYS DISCONNECT OR UNPLUG THE ELECTRICAL POWER FROM THE PASTA COOKER BEFORE CLEANING.
DO NOT use any cleaning fluids that can be harmful to you, others around you, or to the environment.
DO NOT hose down, immerse or pressure wash any part of the electric pasta cooker.
NEVER use steel wool or abrasive materials to clean the pasta cooker.
NOTE: Door is removable for hand washing only. Not dishwasher safe.
TO REMOVE DOOR
There is a hinge located on the right-hand side of the door. Pull the locking pin out and pull the right-hand side away to release the door.
Pull the left-hand side of the door to release (Fig. 5).
The pasta cooker MUST be deemed periodically (depending upon usage, every 3–4 weeks). Follow the deliming agent manufacturer’s instructions. Rinse thoroughly at least 3 times before using the pasta cooker after deliming.
The appliance is not to be cleaned with a water jet.
The pasta cooker should be cleaned after each day’s operation; however, it may require cleaning more often, depending on the volume of production. A clean boiler performs better and more safely, produces a higher quality product,s and reduces maintenance costs. When cleaning, always consider safety first. Ensure all power is off and the unit has been disconnected from the power source.
WARNING: Allow the pasta cooker and the water to completely cool before cleaning.
- Turn the Temperature Control knob to the MIN position. (Fig. 6) Press the switch to OFF and unplug the pasta cooker.
- Open the water outlet to drain water. (Fig. 7)
Remove the baskets and clean them using standard dishwashing detergent. DO NOT use Dawn ® dish detergent. Be sure to rinse them thoroughly.
NOTE: The baskets can be put in the dishwasher or they can be submerged in water for cleaning. Ensure thorough drying before assembling. Fig. 7
- Thoroughly clean and rinse the basin.
- Wipe/clean the pasta cooker basin and body.
- Wipe down heating elements with warm water and cloth. (Fig. 8)
- During cleaning, please take care to avoid any damage to the elements or the thermostat capillaries.
- After cleaning, turn the water drain outlet to the close position.
- Wash all exterior surfaces at least once daily.
a. Use a cloth with warm water and a mild soap or detergent.
b. Rinse thoroughly.
c. Wipe dry with a soft, clean cloth.
Round basket resting supports and rectangular basket support are removable and dishwasher safe.
The overflow drain is removable and dishwasher safe. (Fig. 9)
If any food or debris gets lodged into the drain at the bottom of the basin, it is removable for cleaning. You must use a small Phillips head screwdriver to remove. (Fig. 10)
If the pasta cooker does not work, please check the following:
|The pasta cooker is not working||Power supply||Check power source|
|The power switch has not been turned on||Check that the unit is correctly plugged in and turned on|
|Plug/cord damaged||Call for service|
|Internal wiring fault||Call for service|
|Food debris stuck on or between the heating element||Power off the boiler, let the unit cool, and then clean on or around elements, removing the food debris|
|The thermostat dial has not been set||Set the thermostat dial to the desired temperature setting|
|The thermal protector has been activated||Power off the pasta cooker, let the unit cool. Clean on and around elements, removing the food debris. See instructions on page 10 for the reset button|
|The water is not heating up and the indicator light is ON||Thermostat or heating element has failed||Call for service|
|The indicator light is off, but the pasta cooker is operating normally||Faulty indicator light||Call for service|
If problems persist and the assigned solution does not remedy the issue, please call Waring Customer Service at 860-496-3100.
LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY (U.S. AND CANADA ONLY)
Waring warrants every new Waring® Commercial Pasta Cooker to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase when used with foodstuffs, nonabrasive liquids (other than detergents), and nonabrasive semi-liquids, providing it has not been subject to loads in excess of the indicated rating.
Under this warranty, Waring will repair or replace any part that, upon our examination, is defective in materials or workmanship, provided
the product is delivered prepaid to the Waring Service Center at 314 Ella T. Grasso Ave., Torrington, CT 06790, or any Factory Approved Service Center.
This warranty does not: a) apply to any product that has become worn, defective, damaged, or broken due to use or due to repairs or servicing by other than the Waring Service Center or a Factory Approved Service Center, or due to abuse, misuse, overloading or tampering; or b) cover incidental or consequential damages of any kind. This warranty is void if the appliance is used on Direct Current (DC).
314 Ella T. Grasso Ave.
Torrington, CT 06790