DC Power Nozzle / Battery Wand
DC Power Nozzle / Battery Wand
Wessel-Werk USA 128 Gasoline Alley Mooresville, NC 28117 www.wessel-werk.com
This device complies with the following EG directives:
- ‘2014/35/EU Low Voltage Directive
- 2014/30/EU EMC directive
- 2011/65/EG RoHS directive
Do not use the device without having read the instructions for use
This electric brush attachment and battery wand are designed for household use in the cleaning of dry floors. This includes carpeting, area rugs as well as hard floor surfaces such as wood, ceramic tile, vinyl tile etc. This product is not designed to pick up liquids or damp debris.
The device should not be used to vacuum or brush living beings.
The device must not be used to vacuum flammable liquids, gases and dust such as perfume, aftershave, cleaning agents, coal dust, ash etc.
The device may only be used in combination with a vacuum cleaner provided for this purpose. For details, please refer to the instructions for use of the respective vacuum cleaner.
Intended use also includes following these instructions for use.
- This device is not suitable for the recovery of hazardous dust.
- This device is intended for dry use only and must not be used or stored outdoors in wet conditions.
- Use only original manufacturer’s parts. Use of non-original manufacturer’s parts can affect safety and void any warranties.
- Do not use this power telescopic wand for any other purpose.
- Read and follow these instructions before using this product, as well as the instructions for your vacuum cleaner. This knowledge will protect yourself and prevent damage to the device and floors from being cleaned.
- The device complies with the relevant safety regulations. Repairs may only be carried out by experienced small appliance repair professionals. Improper repairs can pose significant risks to the user.
- Disconnect the device from the power source when servicing.
- Do not bring lose clothing, hair, fingers or such near the device openings.
- Do not reach into the running brush roller, injury could occur.
- Do not leave the connected device unattended.
- Use of this product is not recommended for children under age 8. Use of this product is only recommended after training and under supervision by children 8 years of age and older, persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental abilities. These users must be trained in the safe use of the product and understand the potential dangers when the product is not used as recommended.
- Children must not play with the device. Cleaning and user maintenance must not be carried out by children without supervision.
- Do not allow the device to come into contact with water.
- Do not vacuum up liquids or damp dirt with the electric brush. Use in these conditions can also lead to considerable malfunctions in the vacuum cleaner. Use in this way can also affect protection against electric shock. This also applies to freshly shampooed or spray-extracted carpets or upholstered furniture.
- Liquids and cleaning agents should not come into contact/or seep into openings of the electric brush. This can damage the electronics and the electric motor.
- Flammable liquids, gases, and dust, such as perfume, aftershave, cleaning agents, coal dust, etc., can explode when vacuumed and cause injuries.
- Do not vacuum up glowing ash or charcoal, as this can cause the electric brush and the vacuum cleaner to catch fire.
- Do not vacuum up heavy, hard or sharp-edged objects. You could block and damage the electric brush.
- Don’t operate the electric brush over exposed cables.
- The electrical connector must be checked regularly for damage. If there is any damage, the electrical connection piece must be replaced immediately by a qualified small appliance repair professional.
Assembly and Connection to the Vacuum
Only operate this electric brush with the corresponding battery wand. The integrated electrical connection system will automatically couple when attached to the power and.
There are automatic locking mechanisms on the top and bottom of this PowerWand. Press the release mechanism to disconnect the handle from the wand or the wand from the powerhead. The switch to turn the electric brush on / off is located at the top of the battery wand.
There is a delay when turning the brush on and off. The operator must PRESS AND HOLD the button to turn the brush on and off.
Shipping a fully charged Lithium-Ion Battery is prohibited. A new battery just `out of the box will only have a partial charge. To ensure a full battery charge, completely charge the battery before using. It is always best to disconnect the charger from the battery after the full charge has been achieved. Recharge only by the original charger model 19.1 156300 and 19.1 155-300.
Depress on the on/off button quickly to activate the status display for 10 seconds.
Press and hold the on/off button (> 2 seconds) to activate the display and power up the powder brush. During operation, the display shows the actual status of the battery. Press and hold the on/off button (> 0.5 seconds) to power off the powder brush.
The electric brush is particularly suitable for the care of soiled rugs and carpets. This brush also operates as an excellent maintainer thus avoiding your carpets from ever get heavily soiled.
Hard floors can also be vacuumed with this electric brush. When vacuuming hard floors, results may be best when the brush roll is turned off.
The operator will notice more push/pull resistance on heavier carpets. On heavier carpets, the operator should open the air relief valve on the PowerWand. The push/pull resistance can also be lowered if your vacuum is equipt with an adjustable vacuum/suction control. Reducing the RPMs of the vacuum will reduce the push/pull resistance.
This product has a 5-position height adjustment mechanism. Best cleaning will occur when the nozzle is set to the lowest level (1). The operator will notice more push/pull resistance on heavier carpets. On heavier carpets, the operator should change the height adjustment until there is an acceptable push/pull resistance. The height adjustment pedal has corresponding markings. It is the pedal nearest the height indicator window. Depress the pedal to change the height setting.
Please note: to easily change the height setting, lock the neck into the transport/storage position. Slightly tilt the nozzle back on the rear wheels then depress the pedal.
The push/pull resistance can also be lowered if your vacuum is equipt with an adjustable vacuum/suction control. Reducing the RPMs of the vacuum will reduce the push/pull resistance.
Cleaning efficiency is only slightly diminished as adjustments are made.
It is suggested that the brush roller is switched off when cleaning delectate floor coverings, such as sensitive wool carpets, some deep-pile carpets, carpet fringes, animal skins or similar.
This powerhead is equipt with automatic overload protection. This `circuit breaker’ will be activated when the motor is overloaded or the brush roller is blocked and cannot turn. This commonly occurs when a bulky object is accidentally vacuumed. Typical objects that stop the rotating brush are socks, strings, fringes of area rugs, long human or pet hair.
If this happens:
- Switch off the electric brush and disconnect it from the power source. (disconnect the powerhead from the battery wand).
- Eliminate the cause of the error. If necessary, clean the brush roller as described under Care.
- After a short wait (> 15 seconds) the device can be switched on again.
Maintenance and Care
Attention! Remove the power brush from the power source before conducting any work on the device (disconnect the powerhead from the battery wand).
The battery pack is maintenance-free.
Do not allow cleaners, disinfectants, or liquids to enter any openings in the device. Failure to do so could cause damage to the device and the operator.
If hair or threads are wrapped around the brush roller:
- Cut threads and hair with scissors (picture 4).
- Switch on the vacuum cleaner and electric brush. The cut hair and threads will be sucked into cleaner.
Additional Maintenance work, in particular replacement of components and repairs, may only be performed by a trained and experienced small appliance repair professional.
Maintenance and service
Attention! It is strongly recommended that all maintenance and service work be conducted only by the manufacturer or a trained and experienced small appliance repair professional.
- Do not open the battery pack
- If the electrical connector is damaged, it must be replaced immediately to avoid endangering the user.
- Replacement of the electrical connector only with the original manufacturers’ replacement parts.
- If threads or hair have been wrapped around the brush roller bearing that cannot be removed in the manner described above, the brush roller can be removed, cleared and cleaned by a trained service professional.
- The LED Headlight (optional) is maintenance-free. In the event of a failure, it can be replaced by a trained service professional.
- The brush roll and belt are wear items. At some point, after much use, replacement of the brush roll and belt is recommended. Replacement should be conducted by a trained service professional
Know your Product
The model number is indicated on the rating plate which is located on the bottom of the nozzle. For prompt and complete service, always refer to these numbers when contacting your place of purchase.
Model No. EBK 360DC
Date of Purchase:_______________________
Where Purchased: ______________________
Zip Code ___________________________
|QDC-DC Neck Complete||15.048-335|
|Spring-Neck Release Pedal||10.131-300|
|Cover Complete-Light Grey||15.048-337|
|Circuit Board-EBK 360DC||15.048-338|
|LED Light Board-DC||15.048-342|
|Height Adjustment Complete||15.048-343|
|Felt Neck Gasket||10.074-300|
|Base Plate Complete-Black||15.048-319|
|Base Plate Complete-Light Grey||15.048-313|
|Base Plate Complete-Black Soft Clean||14.9 048-3195C|
|Rear Wheel Complete||15.048-346|
|Wheel Bracket Complete||15.048-315|