Xiaomi 9 SE Smartphone User Guide
Thank you for choosing Mi 9 SE
Long press the power button to turn on the device.
Follow the on-screen instructions to configure the device.
For more information
Visit our official website: www.mi.com.
Mi 9 SE comes pre-installed with MIUI, our customised Android-based OS which pushes frequent updates and user-friendly features suggested by over 200 million active users worldwide. For more information, please visit www.miui.com.
SIM Card Tray:
About Dual SIM:
- Dual 4G SIM requires the support of local telecom operator services, and may not be available in all regions.
- Supports dual nano-SIM cards. When using both SIM card slots, either card can be set as the primary card.
- Only certain regions and telecom operators support VoLTE.
- System updates may be applied when network optimization occurs. For details, please refer to the system version in use on the device.
Correctly dispose of this product. This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To safely recycle your device, please use return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the device was originally purchased.
For Environment Declaration, please refer to the link below:
RISK OF EXPLOSION IF BATTERY IS REPLACED BY AN INCORRECT TYPE.
DISPOSE OF USED BATTERIES ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS.
To prevent possible hearing damage,do not listen at high volume levels for long periods.
For more important safety information, please refer to User Manual in the link below :
Important safety information
- Read all the safety information below before using your
- Using unauthorized cables, power adapters, or bateries can cause fire, explosion, or pose other
- Use only authorized accessories which are compatible with your
This device’s operating temperature range is 0 °C~40 °C. Using this device in the environments outside of this temperature range may damage the device.
- If your device is provided with a built-in batery, don’t atempt to replace the batery yourself to avoid damaging the batery or the device.
- Charge this device only with the included or authorized cable and power Using other adapters may cause fire, electric shock, and damage the device and the adapter.
- Afler charging is complete, disconnect the adapter from both the device and the power Do not charge the device longer than 12 hours.
- The batery must be recycled or disposed of separately from household waste. Mishandling the batery may cause fire or explosion. Dispose of or recycle the device, its batery and accessories according to the local regulations.
- Do not disassemble, hit, crush, or burn the batery. In case of deformation, stop using the batery immediately.
- Do not short circuit the batery to avoid overheating, burns, or other personal
- Do not place the batery in the high-temperature environments. Overheating may cause
- Do not disassemble, hit, or crush the batery to avoid batery leaks, overheating, or
- Do not burn the batery to avoid fire or explosion.
- In case of deformation, stop using the batery immediately.
- Keep your device
- Do not try to repair the device If any part of the device does not work properly, contact Mi customer support or bring your device to an authorized repair center.
- Connect other devices according to their instruction Do not connect incompatible devices to this device.
- For AC/DC adapters, the socket-outlet shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily
- Observe any law and rule which restricts using mobile phones in specific cases and
- Do not use your phone in petrol stations and explosive atmospheres and potentially explosive environments include fuelling areas, below decks on boats, fuel or chemical transfer or storage facilities, areas where the air contains chemicals or particles, such as grain, dust, or metal Obey all posted signs to turn off wireless devices such as your phone or other radio equipment. Turn off your mobile phone or wireless device when in a blasting area or in areas posted turn off “two-way radios” or “electronic devices” to avoid interfering with blasting operations.
- Do not use your phone in the hospital operating rooms, emergency rooms, or intensive care Comply with the current rules and regulations of hospitals and health centers. Please consult your doctor and the device manufacturer to determine if operation of your phone may interfere with the operation of your medical device. To avoid potential interference with the pacemaker, maintain a separation of 15cm between the mobile phone and the pacemaker. To achieve this, use the phone on the opposite ear to your pacemaker and do not carry it in a breast pocket. Do not use your phone near hearing aids, cochlear implants, etc., to avoid interference with medical equipment.
- Respect aircrafl safety regulations and turn off your phone on board the aircraft when required.
- When driving a vehicle, use your phone in accordance with the relevant traffic laws and regulations.
- To avoid lightning strike, do not use your phone outdoors during thunderstorms..
- Do not use your phone to make calls while it is charging.
- Do not use your phones in places with high humidity such as Doing so may result in electric shock, injury, fire, and charger damage.
Update your phone’s operating system using the built-in soware update feature, or visit our authorized service outlets. Updating soware through other means
RED Declaration of Conformity
We, Xiaomi Communications Co., Ltd.,
Hereby, Xiaomi Communications Co., Ltd., declares that this GSM/GPRS/ EDGE/UMTS/LTE Digital Mobile Phone with Bluetooth and WiFi M1903F2G is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of the RE Directive 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity could be consulted at www.mi.com/en/certification
Body-worn SAR testing has been carried out at a separation distance of 5 mm .To meet RF exposure guidelines during body-worn operation, the device should be positioned at least this distance away from the body.
If you are not using an approved accessory, ensure that whatever products used is free of any metal and that it positions the phone with the indicated distance away from the body.
Receiver Category 2
This device may be operated in all member states of the EU. Observe national and local regulations where the device is used. This device is restricted to indoor use only when operating in 5150 to 5350Mhz frequency range in following countries :
Ensure the power adapter used meets the requirements of Clause 2.5 in IEC60950-1/EN60950-1 and has been tested and approved according to national or local standards.
Frequency Bands and Power
This mobile phone offers the following frequency bands in EU areas only and maximum radio-frequency power :
GSM 900: 35 dBm
GSM 1800: 32 dBm
UMTS band 1/8: 25 dBm
LTE band 1/3/7/8/20/28/38/40: 25.7 dBm Bluetooth: 20 dBm
Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz band: 20 dBm
Wi-Fi 5 GHz: 5150~5350MHz: 20dBm, 5470~5725MHz: 20dBm, 5725~5825MHz: 14dBm
NFC: 13.56Mhz < -5.75 dBuA/m at 10m
This mobile phone complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1)This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2)this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This mobile phone has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation in If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to
- which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
RF Exposure Information (SAR)
This device meets the government’s requirements for exposure to radio waves. This device is designed and manufactured not to exceed the emission limits for exposure to radio frequency (RF) energy. The exposure standard for wireless devices employs a unit of measurement known as the Specific Absorption Rate, or SAR.
The SAR limit set by the FCC is 1.6W/Kg. For body-worn operation, this device has been tested and meets the FCC RF exposure guidelines for use with an accessory that contains no metal and positions the device a minimum of 1.0 cm from the body. Use of other accessories may not ensure compliance with FCC RF exposure guidelines. If you do not use a body-worn accessory and are not holding the device at the ear, position the handset a minimum of 1.0 cm from your body when the device is switched on.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device has an electronic label for certification information. To access it, please select Setings> About Phone >Certification or select Setings, then type “Certification”into the search bar.
Important Safety Information
SAR 10g limit: 2.0 W/Kg, SAR Value: Head: 1.385 W/Kg, Body: 1.385 W/Kg (5mm distance).
SAR 1g limit: 1.6 W/Kg, SAR Value: Head: 1.19 W/Kg, Body-worn: 1.09 W/Kg (10 mm distance).
Hotspot: 1.17 W/Kg (10 mm distance).
Temperature: 0 °C – 40 °C
Install the adapter near the device in an easily accessible position.
1903 indicates the date of puting the product on the market is 201903
This User Guide is published by Xiaomi or its local affiliated company. Improvements and changes to this User Guide necessitated by typographical errors, inaccuracies of current information, or improvements to programs and/or equipment, may be made by Xiaomi at any time and without notice. Such changes will, however, be incorporated into new editions of this User Guide. All illustrations are for illustration purposes only and may not accurately depict the actual device.
- Mi Global Home
- MIUI 12.5
- Mi Global Home
- 404 – Xiaomi Global
- Xiaomi United States – Xiaomi United States