TransMount CRANE 3S
User Guide 1
TransMount CRANE 3S SmartSling Handle (hereinafter referred to as “Handle”) can be used as sling handle and stabilizer remote controller. The package contains a Handle and a User Guide.
The installation instruction takes ZHIYUN CRANE 3S as an example.
TransMount CRANE 3S SmartSling Handle Installation and Detachment
1. Pull out the protective cover on the bottom of CRANE 3S battery compartment and push the Handle into the slot until the security lock is engaged. Slightly lift up the handle to make contact with the pins and then pull the latch until it is attached to the bottom of battery compartment to finish the installation.
2. When disassembling, please first unlock the latch, then press and hold the security lock to pull out Handle.
Please check pins of CRANE 3S and Handle before installation. If there’re dirty spots on pins, please wipe them with a clean and dry cloth, otherwise, it may cause damage to the pins.
Get to Know TransMount CRANE 3S SmartSling Handle
(1) TV Button [TV]
Single press the button to enter the shutter parameter settings interface.
(2) AV Button [AV]
Single press the button to enter the aperture parameter settings interface.
(3) ISO Button [ISO]
Single press the button to enter the ISO parameter settings interface.
(4) Left [ ]
• In the main screen, single press to move to the previous option.
• In the menu screen, single press to move to the previous screen.
(5) OLED Display
Stabilizer status and camera parameters.
(6) Go Mode Button [GO]
Press and hold the button to enter Go (“Sport” Mode) Mode, then the stabilizer responsivity will speed up.
(7) Record Button [•]
Single press to start/end video recording.
(8) LV Button
Single press the button, the camera enters or exits the Live Preview Mode.
(9) Shutter Button
• Half-press to activate autofocus.
• Full-press to take photos.
(10) Right 
• In the main screen, single press to move the next option.
• In the menu screen, single press to confirm the selection.
In the main screen, rotate the dial to switch between options.
(12) Menu [ ••• ]
Single press to enter or exit the menu.
(13) WT Zoom Rocker
Control electronic zoom of some cameras or TransMount Servo/Focus Controller.
(14) Parameter Dial
Rotate the dial to quickly adjust camera parameters.
Connecting joint of Handle and CRANE 3S for controlling stabilizer.
(16) Following Mode [F]
Single press to enter Following Mode and single press again to move to the previous mode.
(17) POV/Vortex Mode Button [POV]
• Single press to enter POV Mode (Point of View Mode) and single press again to move the previous mode.
• Double press to enter Vortex Mode and single press again to move to the previous mode.
(18) Reset Button [RE]
Single press the button to reset the position of the stabilizer.(Unavailable under POV Mode and Vortex Mode)
Tighten or loosen the connection of Handle and CRANE 3S.
OLED Display Description
Camera Params settings Unadjustable Camera Params settings Adjustable
Connecting with Sony Cameras Menu Screen
Axis Locked Standby Mode
|Camera connected with stabilizer.|
|Battery Level (stabilizer)|
|This icon prompts when the axis is locked and the stabilizer will make a beep sound.
(Please unlock the axis and long-press the POV Button to resume operation)
|Stabilizer is on Standby|
|Pan Following Mode|
|Point Of View Mode|
(Motor torque settings)
Low (Low torque)
mid-low ( Medium low torque)
medium (Medium torque)
mid-high (Medium high torque)
high (High torque)
ultra (Ultra high torque)
(Camera Control settings)
close (Close the interface)
CCS (Expansion interface: image transmission module, etc)
v_Canon (Canon cinema camera)
v_Sony (Sony cinema camera)
(control wheel settings)
(control wheel sensitivity)
|AB Point*||A(Set the current wheel position as A point)|
|B(Set the current wheel position as B point)|
|clear(Clear AB Points)|
(Priority on wheel)
|handle (Prioritize handle control)|
|external (Prioritize external control)|
|off (Disable follow focus wheel)|
|reverse (Control the wheel in the reverse direction)||off|
|reverse (control the joystick in reverse direction)||Vertical||off|
(WT Zoom Rocker settings)
|sensi (rocker sensitivity)||low|
|AB Point*||A (Set the current wheel position as A point)|
|B (Set the current wheel position as B point)|
|clear (Clear AB Points)|
|reverse (control the rocker in reverse direction)||off|
|yes (Enter six-side calibration)|
|no (Exit calibration settings)|
|angle(fine-tuing motor angle)||pitch (Fine-tune the angle of tilt axis)|
|roll (Fine-tune the angle of roll axis)|
|focus(follow focus and zoom/focus controller settings)||Lite||upgrade (upgrade firmware of TransMount Servo Focus Motor (Lite))|
|Max||upgrade (upgrade firmware of TransMount Servo Zoom/Focus Motor (Max))|
|about||CRANE 3S (gimbal model)
V X.XX (firmware version)
ID: XXXX (Bluetooth name)
|CCS Ver V X.XX (Image transmission transmitter firmware version)
HV X.XX (SmartSling handle firmware version)
AB point settings are only available when connecting to ZHIYUN Servo Follow Focus
Disclaimer and Warning
Thank you for purchasing TransMount CRANE 3S SmartSling Handle. The information contains herein affects your safety, legitimate rights and obligation. Please read this Instruction carefully to ensure proper configuration before use. Failure to read and follow this instruction and warnings herein may result in serious injury to you or bystanders, or damage to your device or property. Guilin Zhishen Information Technology Co., Ltd reserves all rights for final explanation on this Instruction and other documents related to TransMount CRANE 3S SmartSling Handle. The information is subject to update without notice. Please visit www.zhiyun-tech.com to obtain the latest product information.
By using this product, you hereby signify that you have read this document carefully and that you understand and agree to abide by the terms and conditions herein. You agree that you are solely responsible for your own conduct while using this product, and for any consequences thereof. You agree to use this product only for purposes that are proper and in accordance with all terms, precautions, practices, policies and guidelines ZHIYUN has made and may make available.
ZHIYUN accepts no liability for damage, injury or any legal responsibility incurred directly or indirectly from the use of this product. Users shall observe safe and lawful practices including, but not limited to, those set forth herein.
ZHIYUN™, TransMount™ are the trademarks of Guilin Zhishen Information Technology Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “ZHIYUN” or “ZHIYUN TECH”) and its affiliates. All product names or trademarks referred to herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Read the ENTIRE User Guide to become familiar with the features of this product before operating. Failure to operate the product correctly can result in damage to the product or personal property and cause serious injury. This is a sophisticated product. It must be operated with caution and common sense and requires some basic mechanical ability. Failure to operate this product in a safe and responsible manner could result in injury or damage to the product or other property. This product is not intended for use by children without direct adult supervision. DO NOT use with incompatible components or in any way otherwise as mentioned or instructed in the product documents provided by ZHIYUN. The safety guidelines herein contain instructions for safety, operation and maintenance. It is essential to read and follow all of the instructions and warnings in the User Guide, prior to assembly, setup or use, in order to operate the product correctly and avoid damage or serious injury.
Safe Operation Guidelines
- TransMount CRANE 3S SmartSling Handle is a high-precision control device.
Damage may be caused to the controller if it is dropped or subject to external force, and this may result in malfunction.
- TransMount CRANE 3S SmartSling Handle is not waterproof. Prevent contacts of any kind of liquid or cleaner with the controller. It is recommended to use dry cloth for cleaning.
- Protect TransMount CRANE 3S SmartSling Handle from dust and sand during use.
Warranty card 7
- Customers are entitled to replacement or free repair service in case of quality defect(s) found in the product within 15 days upon receipt of the product.
- Customers are entitled to free repair service from ZHIYUN for any product proven defective in material or workmanship that results in product failure during normal consumer usage and conditions within the valid warranty period, which is 12 months counting from the date of selling. However, warranty period varies by product component and country of purchase. Please contact our after-sales service team on ZHIYUN official website or your place of purchase for detailed warranty information.
- Products subjected to unauthorized repair, misuse, collision, neglect, mishandling, soaking, accident, and unauthorized alteration.
- Products subjected to improper use or whose labels or security tags have been torn off or altered.
- Products whose warranty has expired.
- Products damaged due to force majeure, such as fire, flood, lightening, etc.
Warranty Claim Procedure
- If failure or any problem occurs to your product after purchase, please contact a local agent for assistance, or you can always contact ZHIYUN’s customer service through email at [email protected] or website at www.zhiyun-tech.com.
- Your local agent or ZHIYUN’s customer service will guide you through the whole service procedure regarding any product issue or problem you have encountered. ZHIYUN reserves the right to reexamine damaged or returned products.
Product model: EX1A03
Customer Name : Contact NO :
Sales Date : Prod. Serial No :
Contact No :
#1 Maintenance Record
Service Date : Signature of Repairman :
Cause of Problem :
Service Result : ❑ Solved ❑ Unsolved ❑ Refunded (Replaced)
Please download the latest version from www.zhiyun-tech.com
This document is subject to change without notice.
ZHIYUN™,TransMount™ are trademarks of Guilin Zhishen Information Technology Co., Ltd.
Copyright © 2020 Guilin Zhishen Information Technology Co., Ltd.
All rights reserved.
Tel: +86 400 900 6868
USA Hotline: +1 808-319-6137, 9:00-18:00 GMT-7,Mon-Fri
Europe Hotline: +49 (0)6101 8132 180, 10:00-17:00 GMT+1, Mon-Fri
Email: [email protected]
Address: 09 Huangtong Road, Tieshan Industrial Zone, Qixing District, Guilin, 541004, Guangxi, China.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
NOTE: The manufacturer is not responsible for any radio or TV interference caused by unauthorized modifications or changes to this equipment. Such modifications or changes could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
– Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
– Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
– Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
– Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.