zoOZ ZEN52 Double Relay
- Manual or Z-Wave on/oﬀ control of 2 individual loads up to 5A
- Installs behind your existing wall switches (single pole or 3-way)
- Small form factor to easily ﬁt in a crowded switch box
- 700 series Z-Wave chip for better range and faster control
- Scene control: trigger actions with multi-tap (select hubs only)
- Remembers and restores on/oﬀ status after power failure
- Built-in Z-Wave timer functionality and signal repeater
- Works with LED and incandescent bulbs
- SmartStart and S2 Security for a safer network
- Model Number: ZEN52
- Power: 100-240V~, 50/60Hz
- Maximum Load: 150W LED or CFL bulbs, 500W incandescent, 5A resistive, HP motors per channel
- Range: Up to 300 feet line of sight
- Operating Temperature: 32-104° F (0-40° C)
- Installation and Use: Indoor only
This is an electrical device – please use caution when installing and operating the relay. Remote control of appliances may result in unintentional or automated activation of power. Do not use this Z-Wave device to control electric heaters or other appliances which produce the risk of ﬁre, burns, or electrical shock when unattended. To reduce risk of overheating and possible damage to other equipment, do not install this unit to control a receptacle; a motor-operated appliance; a ﬂuorescent lighting ﬁxture; or a transformer-supplied ﬁxture.
BEFORE YOU INSTALL
This relay is intended for installation in accordance with the National Electric Code and local regulations. It is recommen-ded that a licensed electrician perform this installation.
WIRING: READ IT!
- CHECK THE LOAD: don’t exceed 150W for LED’s, 500W for incandescent, or 5 A for resistive loads per relay, DO NOT CONNECT THIS DEVICE TO SWITCHED RECEPTACLES.
- POWER OFF: turn the circuit power oﬀ in the breaker panel before you start. If installing in a multi-switch box with multiple circuits, turn power oﬀ at all of the circuits.
- ONE CIRCUIT INSTALLATION: the 2 loads you’re planning to control with your ZEN52 need to be on the same circuit!
- CHECK THE WIRES: mark load (most often black), line (most often black), neutral (most often white), and ground (most often bare) for each switch. 14 AWG wires only! Don’t rely exclusively on your multimeter to identify the wires!
- DISCONNECT THE OLD SWITCHES: remove the wires and label them accordingly.
- CONNECT THE Z-WAVE RELAY: follow all installation steps carefully. Wire the relay EXACTLY like in the diagram.
ON/OFF SWITCHES ONLY
Do not connect the Z-Wave relay to a wall dimmer, illuminated switch, or an electronic add-on switch. The ZEN51 relay can only be wired with mechanical on/oﬀ or momentary switches in single pole, 3-way, or 4-way settings!
ZEN52 WIRING DIAGRAM FOR SINGLE POLE INSTALLATION
- eep your existing wall switches connected to the ground.
- connect the power source to the L black pigtail on the ZEN52 and the load wires to the OUT1 red and OUT2 blue pigtails for each load. Load and line CAN’T be swapped so make sure you identiﬁed them correctly!
- connect the N white pigtail to the bundle of neutral wires.
- Connect the wall switch terminals to the S1 yellow and S2 brown pigtails on the ZEN52 and to the power source for each switch respectively.
NEED MORE DIAGRAMS?
Scan the QR code for 3-way wiring diagrams and more installation tips.
Secure your Z-Wave relay and the wall switches in the box with mounting screws, handling the wires with care. Install the wall plate and restore power to the circuit.
TEST THE RELAY
The LED indicator should start blinking green when you turn the power back on. Toggle the switch connected to each relay to check if the load changes state. If the test fails, please check that:
- power is fully restored to the circuit
- wiring matches the instructions exactly
- the load isn’t too large and overheating the relay causing it to shut oﬀ.
- This product should be installed indoors upon completion of any building renovations.
- Prior to installation, the device should be stored in a dry, dust-and-mold-proof place.
- Do not install the relay in a place with direct sun exposure, high temperature, or humidity.
- Keep away from chemicals, water, and dust.
- Ensure the device is never close to any heat source or open ﬂame to prevent ﬁre.
- Ensure the device is connected to an electric power source that does not exceed the maximum load power.
- No part of the device may be replaced or repaired by the user.
- ADD DEVICE to your hub Initiate inclusion (pairing) in the app (or web interface). Not sure how? Scan one of the QR codes below for step-by-step instructions or get in touch: www.support.getzooz.com
- Finalize inclusion at the relay. TAP THE Z-WAVE BUTTON 3 TIMES QUICKLY if using traditional Z-Wave inclusion.
SCAN THE QR CODE / ENTER THE 5-DIGIT PIN if using the new SmartStart method. The SmartStart security PIN is located on the back of the relay, next to the Z-Wave Plus logo. The LED indicator will blink green to signal communication and turn green for 2 seconds if inclusion is successful or turn red for 2 seconds if the pairing attempt fails.
NEED SOME HELP? [email protected]
Choose your hub and scan the QR code with your phone’s camera. Then click on the link to access the step-by-step pairing instructions.
Get more tutorials and helpful tips at ww.support.getzooz.com
The relay won’t add to your system? Try this:
- Initiate EXCLUSION and click the Z-Wave button 3 times quickly.
- Click the Z-Wave button 4-5 times quickly to add.
- Bring the gateway controller (hub) closer to the relay, it may be out of range.
- Get troubleshooting tips for your hub at www.support.getzooz.com
The relay won’t control the load manually anymore? Try this:.
- Turn the power oﬀ at the breaker and check if a wire didn’t get loose.
- Exclude the relay from the hub or reset it in case manual control was accidentally disabled.
- The load may be incompatible so try it with a single incandescent bulb.
EXCLUSION (REMOVING / UNPAIRING DEVICE)
- Bring your Z-Wave gateway (hub) close to the relay if possible
- Put the Z-Wave hub into exclusion mode (not sure how to do that? [email protected])
- Click the Z-Wave button on the relay 3 times quickly (the LED indicator will start blinking green)
- Your hub will conﬁrm exclusion, the LED indicator on the relay will turn green for 2 seconds, and the device will disappear from your controller’s device list.
If your primary controller is missing or inoperable, you may need to reset the device to factory settings. To reset the relay, click the Z-Wave button twice and hold it for 15 seconds. The LED indicator will ﬂash during the process and turn red for 3 seconds to conﬁrm successful reset.
NOTE: All previously recorded activity and custom settings will be erased from the device’s memory.
Here is a selection of settings available to customize your relay. Scan the QR code for a full list of parameters and look below for how to access them on your hub.
- Timer to automatically turn the relay on or oﬀ after a set period of time
- Smart Bulb Mode (disable the relay)
- External switch type
- On/oﬀ status after power failure
Choose your hub and scan the QR code with your phone’s camera. Then click on the link to learn how to access and change the advanced settings for the relay on your hub.
This Double Relay supports Group 1 with up to 5 devices for lifeline communication, Group 2 and Group 3 with up to 5 devices. This device will send BASIC REPORT and SWITCH BINARY REPORT to Group 1 and BASIC SET command to group 2 (for S1) and 3 (for S2) when operated manually from the wall switch. You can set direct association to have the relay control another Z-Wave device independently of the hub by using Group 2 or Group 3. Not every hub exposes direct association settings in the interface so please go to www.support.getzooz.com to see if your system allows for the direct association. This product can be included and operated in any Z-Wave network with other Z-Wave certiﬁed devices from other manufacturers and/or other applications. All non-battery-operated nodes within the network will act as repeaters regardless of vendor to increase the reliability of the network. This product features the latest Security 2 (S2) framework to remove smart home network hacking risks. This device is equipped with a unique authentication code for trusted wireless communication.
This is an ETL certiﬁed device. ETL, just like UL, is a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory. The ETL Mark is proof of product compliance with North American safety standards.
This product is covered under a 5-year limited warranty. To read the full warranty policy or ﬁle a warranty claim, please go to www.getzooz.com/warranty IN NO EVENT SHALL ZOOZ OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, OR USE INCURRED BY CUSTOMER OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ZOOZ’S LIABILITY AND CUSTOMER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SALE OR USE OF THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF AGREEMENT, OR EQUITABLE PRINCIPLES, IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO, AT ZOOZ’S OPTION, REPLACEMENT OF, OR REPAYMENT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE FOR THAT PORTION OF PRODUCTS WITH RESPECT TO WHICH DA-MAGES ARE CLAIMED. ALL CLAIMS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SALE OR USE OF PRODUCTS SHALL BE DEEMED WAIVED UNLESS MADE IN WRITING WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM ZOOZ’S DELIVERY, OR THE DATE FIXED FOR DELIVERY IN THE EVENT OF NONDELIVERY.
THE MANUFACTURER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RADIO OR TV INTERFERENCE CAUSED BY UNAUTHORIZED MODIFICATIONS TO THIS EQUIPMENT. SUCH MODIFICATIONS COULD VOID THE USER’S AUTHORITY TO OPERATE THE EQUIPMENT. STORE INDOORS WHEN NOT IN USE. SUITABLE FOR DRY LOCATIONS ONLY. DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER. NOT FOR USE WHERE DIRECTLY EXPOSED TO WATER. This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference,
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used according to instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in any given installation. If this equipment causes harmful interference to radio or television reception, the user may try to correct the interference by taking one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate receiving antenna
- Increase the separation between equipment and receiver
- Connect the equipment into a separate outlet or circuit from the receiver
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for additional assistance
All brand names displayed are trademarks of their respective holders. © Zooz 2021