WATER LEAK XS SENSOR
- Quick and reliable water leak alerts sent to your Z-Wave hub
- NEW 700 series chip for faster communication and more battery life than ever
- Extra small to fit anywhere
- Powered by a long-lasting single coin battery
- The latest S2 security and SmartStart for secure set-up
- Supports OTA firmware updates
- Model Number: ZSE42 Y
- Power: 1 x CR2032 battery
- Operating Temperature: 32° 104° F
- Dimensions: 1.9″ x 1″ x 0.3″
- Range: Up to 130 feet line of sight
- Installation and Use: Indoor or outdoor under an eve (can’t be exposed to direct rainfall or sun, a little splash is OK)
1. POWER THE SENSOR Use a small flat screwdriver to gently open the sensor’s cover and access the battery. Pull the tab from under the battery to activate the sensor. Don’t close the cover just yet. The LED indicator will start blinking for around 10 seconds once the sensor is powered.
The LED indicator doesn’t blink or light up at all?
- Make sure the battery is inserted correctly per the positive/negative pole marks.
- Try a fresh lithium non-rechargeable battery.
- Click the Z-Wave button 3 times as quickly as possible to force inclusion/exclusion mode in case you missed when it first flashed.
ADD DEVICE to your hub
Initiate inclusion (pairing) in the app (or web interface). Not sure how? [email protected] If you’re using an S2 hub, it will ask you to enter the DSK PIN or scan the QR code printed on the inside of the back cover of the sensor to complete SmartStart inclusion.
ACTIVATE the sensor
While the hub is looking for new devices, click the Z-Wave button 3 times as quickly as possible. The LED indicator will start flashing to confirm inclusion mode and turn off once inclusion is completed.
It’s best to add your sensor from the area where it will be installed so the hub can find the best route to reach it right away.
NEED SOME HELP? [email protected]
Choose your hub and scan the QR code with your phone’s camera. Then click on the link to access the step-by-step pairing instructions.
Get more tutorials and helpful tips at ww.support.getzooz.com
The sensor won’t add to your system? Try this:
- Initiate EXCLUSION in your hub and click the Z-Wave button 3 times as quickly as possible.
- Click the Z-Wave button quicker when adding it.
- Bring the sensor closer to your hub, it may be out of range.
- Double-check if the device is powered. 5. Get troubleshooting tips specific to your hub at www.support.getzooz.com
EXCLUSION (REMOVE DEVICE)
- Bring the sensor within direct range of your Z-Wave hub.
- Put the Z-Wave hub into exclusion mode (not sure how to do that? [email protected]).
- Click the Z-Wave button 3 times as quickly as possible.
- Your hub will confirm exclusion and the sensor will disappear from your controller’s device list.
When your network’s primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable, you may need to reset the device to factory settings manually. In order to complete the process, make sure the sensor is powered, then click the Z-Wave button twice and hold it the third time for 10 seconds. The LED indicator will blink continuously. Immediately aer, click the ZWave button twice more to finalize the reset. The LED indicator will flash 3 times to confirm a successful reset.
NOTE: All previously recorded activity and custom settings will be erased from the device’s memory.
The sensor’s wake-up interval is set to 12 hours by default to save battery life. Use the Wake Up Command Class to adjust the interval. Click the Z-Wave button 4 times quickly to wake the sensor up manually. The LED indicator will flash twice to confirm the device is awake. During wake-up, the sensor turns the Z-Wave radio on for one minute to receive communication from the hub. A long wake-up interval will not affect how o en the sensor reports to your hub so we recommend leaving the default setting to conserve battery.
The XS Sensor supports Group 1 for Lifeline communication and Group 2 with up to 5 devices for basic on/off control. This device will send a Basic Set command to Group 2 whenever it detects water. The value of the basic set command sent to Group 2 can be adjusted in the advanced settings to customize the sensor’s behavior. Please note that not all Z-Wave systems give users access to direct association settings so if you’re not sure where to find it, please get in touch with our support and we’ll be happy to help.
Parameter 1: Turn the LED indicator on (blinking) or off when a water leak is detected.
Values: 0 LED indicator won’t blink when the sensor detects a water leak; 1 LED indicator will blink when the sensor detects a water leak (default).
Size: 1-byte dec
Parameter 2: Decide how long the sensor should report water leak detection and era leak is no longer detected on the sensor side.
Values: 0 – 3600 (seconds) Default: 0 (reports “dry” to the hub immediately after an era leak is no longer detected)
Size: 1-byte dec
Click the Z-Wave button 4 times quickly to wake the sensor up aer update the settings.
We listed the most helpful settings above. For a complete list of parameters, please go to www.support.getzooz.com or scan the QR code for a direct link to all of the settings.
Not sure how to access advanced settings on your hub? We’ll help! [email protected]
- We recommend including your sensor in the Z-Wave network from the location you want to install it.
- Choose a spot in the area you would like to monitor for water leaks that will not be easily accessible to pets or children to avoid it being misplaced.
- Simply place the sensor on a ﬂat surface with the 4 probes touching the ground for best results. The sensor will detect a leak when water reaches any of the 2 probe pairs shown in the below drawing.
- Test the sensor by simulating a leak – it should start blinking and send a report to the hub when water is detected.
Water detection between 2 points.
NO water detection between 2 points.
- This sensor is IP64 rated which means it can take a splash or a drizzle but it can’t be exposed to rainfall, snowfall, or direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time. We recommend placing the sensor under eve when using it outdoors.
- Add the sensor to Z-Wave from the area where it will be installed for best connectivity results.
- Simply place the sensor on the ﬂat surface you would like to monitor for leaks so that all 4 probes under the sensor are touching the ground. The sensor will report a leak to the hub anytime water is present between any of the probe pairs pictured in the drawing.
- SUPERVISION FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V5
QUESTIONS? [email protected]
This product can be included and operated in any Z-Wave network with other Z-Wave certified devices from other manufacturers and/or other applications. All non-battery-operated nodes within the network will act as repeaters regardless of vendor to increase the reliability of the network. This product features the latest Security 2 (S2) framework to remove smart home network hacking risks. This device is equipped with a unique authentification code for trusted wireless communication.
- This product should be installed indoors or outdoors under eve upon completion of any building renovations.
- Prior to installation, the device should be stored in a dry, dust and mold-proof place.
- Do not install the device in a place with direct sun exposure, high temperature, or humidity.
- Keep away from chemicals, water, and dust.
- Ensure the device is never close to any heat source or open flame to prevent fire.
- No part of the device may be replaced or repaired by the user except for the batteries.
This product is covered under a 5year limited warranty. To read the full warranty policy or file a warranty claim, please go to ww.getzooz.com/warranty
IN NO EVENT SHALL ZOOZ OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, OR USE INCURRED BY CUSTOMER OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ZOOZ’S LIABILITY AND CUSTOMER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SALE OR USE OF THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF AGREEMENT, OR EQUITABLE PRINCIPLES, IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO, AT ZOOZ’S OPTION, REPLACEMENT OF, OR REPAYMENT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE FOR THAT PORTION OF PRODUCTS WITH RESPECT TO WHICH DA-MAGES ARE CLAIMED. ALL CLAIMS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SALE OR USE OF PRODUCTS SHALL BE DEEMED WAIVED UNLESS MADE IN WRITING WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM ZOOZ’S DELIVERY, OR THE DATE FIXED FOR DELIVERY IN THE EVENT OF NONDELIVERY.
THE MANUFACTURER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RADIO OR TV INTERFERENCE CAUSED BY UNAUTHORIZED MODIFICATIONS TO THIS EQUIPMENT. SUCH MODIFICATIONS COULD VOID THE USER’S AUTHORITY TO OPERATE THE EQUIPMENT. STORE INDOORS WHEN NOT IN USE. SUITABLE FOR DRY LOCATIONS ONLY. DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER. NOT FOR USE WHERE DIRECTLY EXPOSED TO WATER. This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference,
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used according to instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in any given installation. If this equipment causes harmful interference to radio or television reception, the user may try to correct the interference by taking one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate receiving antenna
- Increase the separation between equipment and receiver
- Connect the equipment into a separate outlet or circuit from the receiver
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for additional assistance
All brand names displayed are trademarks of their respective holders. © Zooz 2021